BRONCO MONEY MATTERS: FINANCIAL EDUCATION AND RESOURCES
Managing money in college can be stressful. And it can be hard to know where to start. You are not alone. Bronco Money Matters wants to help you by:
- Promoting the importance of good financial health;
- Providing opportunities and resources to learn about personal financial topics;
- Supporting you through financial hardships.
SPENDING: Find out where your money is going.
- View our helpful Bronco Money Matters guide
- Use Boise State’s Bottom Line Estimator to estimate how much college is costing you.
- Try out a budgeting app or a free spending plan website.
- Reduce your spending.
- Familiarize yourself with basic money management strategies with Financial Literacy 101.
- Learn from other people: Read blogs or listen to podcasts on personal finance.
- Visit our library’s LibGuide: Money & Financial Literacy.
BORROWING: Understand loans and credit better.
- Know how to check your student loan balance.
- Understand your options for repayment of your student loans.
- Check your credit score free once a year.
FINANCIAL GOAL SETTING: Make money work for you.
- Planning for life after graduation? Use this Cost of Living Calculator to see how far your income will go in another city
- Use this Mortgage Calculator to see how possible owning your own home could be.